As a business in the service sector, you know that customers are the lifeblood of your organization. Without customers, you wouldn’t have a business. That’s why you need to make sure your customers are satisfied at all times and keep them coming back to your business for red carpet service time and time again.
That’s especially true in today’s economy. You and your competition are constantly fighting for every last dollar your customer has to give. How terrible would you feel if you lost some of your highest paying customers to your competition simply because you or your employees weren’t concerned about proper red carpet service?
So, how can you make sure you keep your customers impressed with your customer service and become faithful and regular customers from now into the foreseeable future? Here are 5 red carpet service tips:
1. Set clear expectations of your processes. Your customer wants to know exactly how you are going to fulfill their needs. They don’t want any surprises. Lay out a step-by-step process where you outline the process of the appointment from the time they make their appointment until after the service is completed. Make that readily available at your office, maybe even posting signage that explains it in the customer area of your office.
2. Along with setting clear expectations, make it a rule to keep in constant contact with your customers during the service process. They want to know when they can expect you to fulfill their appointment or customer service request and if any problems arise during the service call. A good rule of thumb: confirm the customer’s appointment the day before and call again once in route to the service call. Keep in touch with the customer during the call if the customer is not at home (common since some customers will be at work.) Finally, touch base with the customer after the call is completed to make sure they are satisfied and that all of their needs were addressed. This makes the customer feel like you really value their business and want to make sure they are satisfied with your work.
3. Design a guarantee program to stand behind your work. Customers feel better when they know that they won’t be wasting their money by using your service. Let them know, again by signage and verbally telling them, that you stand behind your work and will not rest until they are 100% satisfied with the work your company completed.
4. If you have a website, consider making it more interactive for your customers. Customers like to feel like they are a part of the work you are doing. Have your web designers make a customer portal where they can go to quickly schedule and confirm their appointments. Maybe even make it so they can see the progress of the service call from start to finish. This again will help those customers who can’t be there while the service call is completed.
5. Differentiate yourself. Companies with some of the best customer service track records go above and beyond to make their customers feel special. Why not give them the VIP celebrity service or red carpet service and lay out a red carpet before entering their home or office? Or, invest in boot covers to show that you are concerned with keeping your customers’ homes and offices as clean as when you started? All of this will immediately make your company stand out from the crowd and make the customer remember your company when looking for service again.
In the service industry, the most important thing is customer service. Keep your customers happy and they’ll be your best advocates-recommending your company to their friends and relatives. And you’ll see the benefits now and way into the future as your business continues to grow and flourish.